Introduction
I am not a "writer", but I have always enjoyed writing. Its cathartic for me. I have a million thoughts and "ah-ha" moments that run through my mind, but don't ever feel like I have a healthy outlet for them. I used to. Just not anymore.
I'm on a new journey of self-discovery and empowerment. It has taken me my whole life to finally feel free of my cage. And I want to document it. And if someone else happens to read this one day and can relate, then my job has been accomplished.
I am a fan of community and living authentically. I wasn't living that way for a long, long time. Until my whole life was turned upside down and shit hit the fan. I had to take a long hard look at myself and my situation and figure it all out all over again. But this time, for real.
Ten facts about me:
1) I was born, raised and still reside in Northeast Minneapolis (Minnesota).
2) I have a degree in Elementary Education, but I am a currently a nursing assistant at a long term care facility.
3) I am a mother to two beautiful little girls; Audrey (8) and Lydia (6).
4) I am a survivor of clinically diagnosed severe depression and an eating disorder (EDNOS - Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified).
5) I have battled my weight my entire life (being overweight most of it).
6) I have spent thousands of dollars on: therapy; personal training; quick-fix fad diets and self-help books...most of which I admittedly haven't read.
7) My PASSION in life is to help others by spreading love, joy and hope.
8) My heroes include women who lift other women up; Glennon Doyle Melton is one example!
9) I am ridiculously funny and dirty humor makes me giggle.
10) I love coffee.
Xoxo
Missypb3
I'm on a new journey of self-discovery and empowerment. It has taken me my whole life to finally feel free of my cage. And I want to document it. And if someone else happens to read this one day and can relate, then my job has been accomplished.
I am a fan of community and living authentically. I wasn't living that way for a long, long time. Until my whole life was turned upside down and shit hit the fan. I had to take a long hard look at myself and my situation and figure it all out all over again. But this time, for real.
Ten facts about me:
1) I was born, raised and still reside in Northeast Minneapolis (Minnesota).
2) I have a degree in Elementary Education, but I am a currently a nursing assistant at a long term care facility.
3) I am a mother to two beautiful little girls; Audrey (8) and Lydia (6).
4) I am a survivor of clinically diagnosed severe depression and an eating disorder (EDNOS - Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified).
5) I have battled my weight my entire life (being overweight most of it).
6) I have spent thousands of dollars on: therapy; personal training; quick-fix fad diets and self-help books...most of which I admittedly haven't read.
7) My PASSION in life is to help others by spreading love, joy and hope.
8) My heroes include women who lift other women up; Glennon Doyle Melton is one example!
9) I am ridiculously funny and dirty humor makes me giggle.
10) I love coffee.
Xoxo
Missypb3
Comments
Post a Comment